6 Kasım 2015 Cuma

Being on the Road… (3)

First day, Venice Beach… 

When I am on the road, I realize how insignificant I am in the vastness of the universe. I sit on the beach and stare at the ocean… I can do that for hours. I watch people surf at sunset and think about my surf in life… All my ups and downs, all my mistakes, stabilities and instabilities… I think what I can do differently to create a better version of me on a daily basis… 



Somewhere between Venice Beach and Santa Monica

We live our lives mostly in its delicate routine. We have responsibilities; there are things that we need to get done and people to sustain. This routine is sometimes boring but mostly safe. Some of us even freak out when the routine is broken. When it gets boring, we take holidays, we go to that new restaurant around the corner, we buy stuff or -sad but true- some of us have kids... 


I gave it a little thought about the routine of my own life. Did I want a routine or did society want it for me? Did I want to live where I lived or was it chosen for me? Could I get out and forget the story that I was told? Did success really mean to succeed at what I did or to simply be happy and make the best out of the moments that I was granted and be the best I can? Was life meant to run after a piece of paper, eat, drink, enjoy and die or was there more to it? Was it only that one layer of reality that most of us survive on or could I get through and open my eyes towards another reality that everyone seemed to  have forgotten? Did I really have to be ambitious or was it enough to simply allow things to happen? How much did I need to control things and how much to let go? Did I have to build a big house to set roots or was a plane ticket enough for me to recognize that this earth was my very home?


I was well aware that it wasn't going to be easy. Roads and unknown territories are always tiring… But it's in my blood. I can't help it. I had to break through and rewrite my story… As I quiet often do… 


Santa Monica

So I did pack to hit the road, not to wander as a tourist but to find my souls' calling… I call it pilgrimage, even though it doesn't exactly look like one… 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder